In mature project organizations you are likely to have a phase based development model. Once in a while, take a look at each of the phases to see if they can be optimized.
It could be that…
- the requirement specification phase needs to be improved through e.g. templates for use cases
- you wanted fewer iterations between design and planning phase
- you needed standards for base-line calculations and standards for calculating project feasibility
- you wanted to standardize review meeting agendas and cycles
Successcriteria for optimization of project phases
- You spend shorter time on each phase
- You experience fewer iterations between phases
- Total lead time of projects decrease significantly
This chapter is part of the article Lean Project Management published by Kristian Steen Holme and presented at Ledernes Projektday May 2013.
Each chapter serves to present a practice or a process that can be applied to any development process.
Some practices and processes are interlinked and may combined serve a higher purpose than a single practice or process.